If you want to stay cool all summer long then it is essential to keep your air conditioning system well-maintained. Having maintenance done on your unit in the spring can help to prevent breakdowns during the heat of the summer. It can also result in small issues turning into more expensive ac repair Hampton VA jobs in the future.
The best time to schedule your air conditioner maintenance is in the spring. That will help you avoid higher prices and long waits that are often associated with the peak season. The last thing you want is to have your air conditioner break down on one of the hottest days in the middle of the summer.
Scheduling your air conditioner maintenance service with a reputable local HVAC contractor will save you money and time. The main way this helps you save money is that when you have maintenance work done on a regular basis it helps to ensure that your HVAC technician will catch small problems before there is a chance for them to turn into major ones that require expensive repairs. The other way that maintenance check-ups help you save money is that they ensure that your air conditioning system is working at its optimal efficiency. That results in your unit needing to use less energy in order to cool your home, which translates to lower monthly utility bills for you.
The following are some of the more common maintenance procedures that should be performed by your HVAC contractor:
- Check refrigerant levels. If the level is low that indicates that there is a leak somewhere that needs to be located and immediately repaired. A low level of refrigerant can result in your compressor burning out. Having to replace the compressor is the most expensive repair there is to an air conditioning system.
- Check all electrical controls and components to ensure they are working correctly.
- Clean condenser coils and evaporator. Dirty coils and evaporators can reduce the cooling ability and energy efficiency of your air conditioning system.
- Oil motors
- Calibrate thermostat to ensure your air conditioner is working properly.
- Check condenser for any potential problems.
- Check and replace or clean filters.