I’ve promised to give you the recipe of the “Puto Carrot” I’ve prepared for my cousin’s birthday. This is very easy to do and it’s good for future food business. The ingredients are very affordable and easy to find.
For those people who are not from the Philippines, a “Puto” is a steamed rice cake. It is very popular here in the Philippines. It’s main ingredient is the Filipino’s staple food which is the Rice. Steaming is the cooking method we usually use in cooking puto.
The puto carrot is one of the variations of a puto. In here we will not be using rice as the main ingredient, but we will be using flour instead. So here’s the recipe of my Puto carrot.
6 cups cake flour, 3 tbsp. baking powder, 2 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 1 bar butter, 1/2 kilo sugar, 6 pcs.eggs, 1/2 kilo shredded carrot, 1 can crushed pineapple (439 grams), 1 big can evaporated milk, cheese.
1. Measure and sift all dry ingredients.
2. Cream butter, add sugar and eggs.
3. Add dry ingredients, alternate with milk.
4. Add crushed pineapple and carrots.
5. Pour mixture into molders, put cheese on top and steam for 15 minutes.
There you have it!