My answer to this question is BOTH! I like jam and I love jelly as well. But when it comes to preparing these foods I prefer jam because it’s very easy to prepare. Unlike jelly, it will take a long time preparing and you will have to stir it constantly.
I was only 14 years old then since I started to make a jelly. The first jelly I prepared was the “Guava Jelly”. I was very happy then and I asked my mom to buy bread because I have a guava jelly. It was very yummy! (LOL!) I will post the recipe below so you can also make one.
I also have learned to cook JAM just recently. You can read my previous post “Ube Jam Recipe” so you will know what it is all about. You have to try it because its very yummy and economical.
Anyway, here’s the “Guava Jelly Recipe”:
1. Wash and cut in quarters slightly under ripe guavas.
2. Cover with water and boil, then simmer for 1/2 hour. Put juice through a jelly bag made of several layers of cheese cloth or flannel. Do not squeeze bag.
3. Allow 1 cup sugar per 1 cup of juice. Bring to a boil and add for each cup of juice 1 tsp. of lime juice. Cook only 4 cups at one time until thick. Seal in glass jars.
– Please cook in low fire.
– Stirring is very much needed to produce a fine texture
– If the jelly is thicken and has a glass like texture then it is ready to be placed in jars.