It’s already December 1 and people are now coming to our houses and singing Christmas tunes. Usually, the caroling starts on December 16 but as early as today people especially the kids are excited about it. Last year, me and my friends went for caroling and we have gathered a huge amount of money. This year, our church organized a caroling activity for us to raise an amount for the church’s aircon need. Thank God our church members gladly joined this activity. We will be having our practice next week to get ourselves familiar with the songs that we will be singing on different houses.
If you want to organize a caroling activity here are some tips:
1. Invite friends who really enjoy singing. These are friends who are really gifted in singing.
2. Invite friends who are not gifted in singing but are courageous enough to sing. (LOL!) Just make sure they don’t overpower the voices of those who are “on key”.
3. Tell your friends to get the right look. Here in the Philippines, the most common is to wear colorful outfits. You can ask your friends to wear something red, yellow or green.
4. Don’t forget to bring a musical instrument. A guitar and a tambourine would be nice.
5. Provide song sheets for your friends. Not all of them can memorize the lyrics of the songs. Also make sure that you have the right lyrics to every song.
6. Don’t forget to bring flashlights and other stuff needed for emergencies.
7. Lastly, always be reminded for your safety. Especially if you are visiting places or neighborhood that you are not familiar with and please be aware of some stray dogs.